Minutes for meeting 2Edit
Minutes of Meeting; Eat Smart, Keep Fit Campaign
Campaign Meeting 2 on 31/01/11
Present: Joe Perkins, Kavita Oughera, Tove Selas, Jaroslaw Chajdus, Bogdana Budianu, Ewa Nyklewicz,
Key Discussion Points and Decisions:
- · Ideas for campaign explored after individual research.
- · Bogdana presented statistics, information and famous support for the issue of obesity in young children. Also brought up was Jamie Oliver’s campaign of a similar nature and his manifesto. Tove also did research into the same topics.
- · Kavita suggested Alcoholism in youth and provided evidence from the NHS to suggest it was a growing problem, including figures of death and illness.NHS
- · Joe researched the future of Trent Park Campus but found that a decision had not been made by the authorities on its future. The group decided to leave the matter where it was.
- · The idea of children and technology was raised and discussed before being suggested as a combination with healthy eating and children. The idea was eventually dismissed as being a little too far gone to tackle.
- · Jaroslaw suggested the idea of looking into how reading affects children and it’s positives as well as ways to get children being read to.
- · There was a collective decision to ignore the other ideas mentioned in the week prior and concentrate on the ones discussed this meeting.
- · The group voted on what topic to campaign for, the winner was Healthy Eating in Schools by a margin of 5 votes to one against the other topics. The member that voted otherwise was happy to campaign for this though.
- · Decision made to expand the campaign to target parents and educate them too.
- · All members are to go away and come up with ideas for a ‘campaign message’ as well as research the topic at hand.
Next Week’s meeting agenda:
- · Decide upon a name for the group.
- · Present researched information.
- · Decide on ‘campaign message’.
- · Allocate more specific research tasks.
JoePerkinsMDX 23:21, February 5, 2011 (UTC)
BogdanaBudianuMDX 14:39, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
ToveSelasMDX 23:35, February 6, 2011 (UTC)
JaroslawChajdusMDX 14:42, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
KavitaOugheraMDX 21:04, February 7, 2011 (UTC)
EwaNyklewiczMDX 12:55, February 15, 2011 (UTC)